01/03/2010

Had enough of the SNP



A former Scottish National Party supporter has put his prized SNP car registration plates up for sale.

The anonymous seller said he will sell all three number plates; 1 SNP, 2 SNP and 3 SNP, for a total of 45,000 pounds after becoming dissolutioned with the Scottish government.

"What can I say? I used to support the SNP but I don't any more. I've had enough and that's why they'll be sold." He explained.

"Let's just say I think they have become dazzled by Edinburgh and it is costing Glasgow people and the rest of the country dear."



The seller bought the first number plate, 1 SNP, eight years ago but refused to say what he had paid for it.

All three vehicle registrations have been used for several years by Hampden Cars, a private hire firm on Glasgow's south side.

While these registrations may seem expensive, it's worth keeping in mind that the Government Car Service, with a fleet of 25 cars available for SNP cabinet members, costs 700,000 pounds a year to run. So a "paltry" 45,000 might seem like a bargain to the party.

The seller said: "I've been approached by SNP members before, inquiring about the plates but stopping short of asking whether they were for sale. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll sell them individually or as a lot, it's all the same to me. I've already had a couple of inquiries from England."







Reg

No comments:

Post a Comment